My Cut Didn't Go Through - Glowforge Users
We have a lot of new Glowforge users! Welcome! We are excited to have you here and want to help anyway that we can!
One of the questions that comes up a lot on Facebook and other forums is: Why didn’t my cut go through on my project?
Most of the time the answer to this question can be found in the following article from Glowforge Support.
The main points of the article state:
- Crumb tray mispositioned or holding particles.
- Material not lying flat
- Lens or Windows are dirty or damaged
I also want to add to this article some things to check:
- Are you keeping your mirrors and camera clean? Don’t forget the mirror hidden under the left hand side across from the laser head. Any specks of dust on the mirrors can scatter the laser beam and make it not as effective.
- Is your lens and blue mirror above the lens installed correctly? The lens should make a bowl shape up when you put it in. The blue mirror should look like this picture when put in correctly.
- Are you cutting on the correct setting? Check out our recommended cut settings here: https://craftcloset.com/blogs/news/recommended-cut-settings